Boy Scout Troop 61
Presbyterian Church of Bloomingdale
Meeting Time: Monday Nights 7:30 – 9:00
Here are the step by step instructions for getting and filling out your Blue Cards (Merit Badge Cards). For Parents click here for Guidelines to help your son have a better Merit Badge earning experience.
The following to be completed in order
- SCOUT is NOT to start on Merit Badge before getting blue card.
- SCOUT chooses a Merit Badge (MB) he wants to earn.
- SCOUT asks the advancement chairman or scoutmaster for a blue Merit Badge Card for selected Merit Badge.
- SCOUT will completely fill out three sections of blue card. (How to fill out a card.)
- SCOUT to ask advancement chairman or scoutmaster for names of nearest MB counselors.
- SCOUT to purchase (or loan at Troop 61 library) a MB book for the MB subject.
- SCOUT to download the MB workbook from Merit Badge dot com
- SCOUT to contact (phone, e-mail or letter) MB Counselor to schedule a meeting.
- SCOUT will meet with MB counselor, at convenience of counselor.
- SCOUT to work on MB activities mutually agreed at first meeting.
- SCOUT will meet regularly with MB counselor to assess progress.
- SCOUT should check in with advancement chairman or scoutmaster to get "TroopMaster" records updated as MB requirements get signed off. (This is in case scout loses his blue card, so a replacement card can be issued.)
- SCOUT meets with MB counselor upon completion of requirements. Counselor will sign three sections of blue card and keep counselor's record.
- SCOUT thanks counselor for helping you earn the MB (a scout is courteous).
- SCOUT will give two sections of blue card to advancement chairman or scoutmaster.
- Advancement chairman will record MB in "TroopMaster" troop database, purchase MB patch, and get patch, MB card and scout's blue record card to Scoutmaster.
- Scoutmaster will award MB at the next Court of Honor.
- SCOUT returns MB book to troop library. (Consider giving his book to the troop).
- SCOUT to sew (or barter time) MB on sash.
- SCOUT to wear his merit badge sash proudly to all Ceremonial occasions.
Guidelines for Scouts:
- Getting blue card assures scout is not over-extended with too many MB's at once.
- Make all contacts yourself. Don't let Mom or Dad do it.
- Be on time for your appointments.
- Be courteous to your counselor.
- Do all activities cheerfully.
- Do activities to the BEST of your ability, show pride in doing a quality job.
- Thank your counselor for their time and knowledge when you complete the MB.
Merit Badge Requirements:
- Merit Badges can be earned in any rank, at any time. Once earned they count forever. Minimum Merit Badge Requirements For Rank:
- Advancement to: Tenderfoot, Second or First Class: None
- Advancement to: Star: 4 Eagle (Silver Border) + 2 Other (Green Border) = 6 Total
- Advancement to: Life: 7 Eagle + 4 other = 11 Total
- Advancement to: Eagle: 12 Eagle + 9 Other = 21 Total
- Advancement to: Eagle Palm: 5 MB past the ones needed to achieve the Eagle Rank. For Each Palm earned.
Site Map | Privacy Statement | Contact Us